I shared a quick tutorial on my Instagram stories yesterday on a cute, easy hairstyle. This is my go-to when I HAVE to put my hair up (oily hair, going on the boat, etc.). I LOVE this style because it stays put for hours!
Music: Sunny By: Iksonofficial
So as you can tell I am not a professional at video tutorials lol. But this is a haristyle I do often, and have gotten comments on so I thought I’d share! I use these hairties day to day, and did for the bun itself. (I used a normal elastic for the initial ponytail, as I didn’t care if it creased my hair). Here is the dry shampoo I used right before doing the bun, it definitely helps!
Step By Step:
- Dry shampoo! This is the best haristyle for when your hair is in need of a wash, but you don’t have time! (or let’s be real, the energy to wash it)
- Pull hair into a high pony. I LOVE my buns to be on the top of my head!
- Braid hair, I know I did it vertically in the video but it is easiest to flip your head upside down to braid it!
- Wrap the braid around to make a bun and use an elastic (the curly plastic ones are best for this), or bobby pin ends if your hair isn’t crazy thick like mine.
- Pull hair in front of bun to create volume and pull out some loose hairs!
- This bun is super cute with a hair scarf as well!
I hope you guys enjoyed this tutorial! You can tag me on instagram if you try it out! ♥ @east.coastgirl